I finally joined the rest of the world and purchased an Instant Pot. I purchased mine on Black Friday and took nearly 2 months to get it out of the box! I wasn’t sure what to do with it. I remember my Mom pressure cooking a lot of meat when we were kids. But I love my Crock Pots and wasn’t ready to replace the three I have!
I finally broke the Instant Pot out of the box and did the hard-boiled egg test. I was impressed with how easy they were to peel when they were cooked. But after getting those done, I knew it was time to tackle a real meal. This link takes you to the Instant Pot I bought. I found it on a great sale!
Since I’m trying to take my lunch to work a bit more, I decided chicken and rice bowls would be easy to prep for the week.
I have a bunch of brown rice in my pantry right now. I bought some on sale and it’s just taking up space! Chicken and rice bowls seemed easy to make and a way to use the rice.
This turned out so well! I am so impressed with my pressure cooker. To start, I simply put 5 raw (not frozen) chicken breasts in the pan, placed 4 cups of chicken broth, chopped garlic, oregano and basil and put the lid on. I set the pot on high pressure for 15 minutes. When the cooker was done, I moved the knob to vent and did a quick pressure release. When I took out my chicken breasts, they were perfectly cooked! All I had to do was shred the chicken and that was done!
The sauce was super simple. A quick mix of greek yogurt, dill, garlic and lemon juice was all the sauce needed to taste great. I cooked instant brown rice in the microwave, added shredded chicken, chopped tomatoes and cucumber and added a dollop of the tzatziki sauce. I divided the mixture between five bowls and ate it for lunch all week! Well, my husband ate one of them and thought it was really good!
If you don’t own a pressure cooker or Instapot, I highly encourage you to buy one! I think you’ll love using it!
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbs garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 TBSP fresh dill, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Other ingredients
- 2 chopped cucumbers
- fresh lemon juice
- Instant brown rice, cooked
- Chopped grape tomatoes, red, yellow or orange
- Place the chicken breasts in your InstaPot bowl. Add chicken broth, garlic and oregano. Seal pressure cooker. Set on high pressure for 15 minutes on high pressure and the meat setting. Make sure your valve is set to seal. When cooking time is done, move valve to vent for a quick pressure release. Shred chicken.
- Mix tzatziki sauce in a bowl. Cook brown rice, chop cucumbers and tomatoes and divide all ingredients into individual bowls.